Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Base of a Mountain

I saw Taylor Swift last night. Stood there, singing along with the music just like 13,000 thousand others were. Watching the incredible set changes. Amazed by the sparkles, bright colors, and passion. And I decided - once I heard Long Live - that I wanted that many people and more to be reading Defiance. I want to walk down the street one day and have someone go, "I reread Defiance all the time. I love it!" I want people out there, from anywhere, to be reading and loving the story, the characters, and the world in which they were created. I don't know how long that will take, but seeing Taylor and how she's created an empire for her music makes me believe that I can create fans for my story. I can do it. I want to. As Vivian said in Defiance - roughly in the same manner - this is a battle that started at the base of a mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews